Whatsapp is scouting for a full-time hire to lead its operations in India, its largest market globally. This is the first full time hire for WhatsApp in India where the app has more than 200 million monthly active users. The position has been vacant for long and comes close on the heels of WhatsApp beta testing its payments platform and launch of WhatsApp business app.
The individual will lead the company’s operations in India, “including products for people and businesses along with our interest in peer to peer payments,” a job advertisement on WhatsApp’s website. The selected head will be working with the engineering and product teams and will build close relationships with them.
As per the reports, the Company’s Chief Operating officer Matt Dena said, “This is a senior leadership position that requires product experience as well as a track record of success leading partnerships and business development in India. This leader will need to build a close partnership with product and engineering teams to influence the direction and to effectively represent What Sapp’s long-term strategy.”
The people who are looking ahead to apply the reputed company must hold a minimum experience of 15 years along with the product-driven companies and 5 years of experience in payment technologies in India. Others who want to apply for the job must have the experience in working field having knowledge about the startups, business development and adeptness with taking care of the complex deals.
1) The aspirant should have pursued BS or MS in engineering/sciences/business
2) Possess over 15 years of experience in product-driven companies and over five years of experience with payment technologies in India.
3) Should be able to build relationships with key external and internal stakeholders and business leaders
4) He/she should be holding a track record of initiating and successfully driving new business opportunities at a global scale
5) Should have worked in start-up environments
6) Should possess excellent project management experience and should be able to lead and execute multiple time-sensitive projects. He/ she should also have an exceptional communication and presentation skills.